After studying economics at Paris University XII, Cyril changed his major to cinematography at ESEC and graduated in 1988.
He worked on several movies, then he started photography and joined the agencies Imapress in 1989 and REA in 2002. He was working closely with multiple French politicians. His works were featured in important French magazines. Delettre has covered a myriad of society subjects such as the illegal immigrants, the closing of Sangatte, religious communities, and influential women in France.
He released a documentary “Objectifs de Campagne” about photo-reporters that followed the 2007 electoral campaign. Throughout these reportages, he showed the backstage of electoral campaign as well as the hard work of reporters.
In 2012, he directed a short fiction film “Execution”. Based on an original screenplay by Marie-Florence Gros. Producing a special film with a great team, he addresses the subject of the death penalty in a new and humorous way, 26 minutes.
Cyril created a monumental work for Gares & Connexions, part of SNCF, that had been exhibited on the façade of Austerlitz station (60mx7m). It was covering the renovation works and displayed for several years.
In 2014, Delettre moves to Hong Kong, where he is based now, to open with Marie-Florence Gros, founder, an art gallery dedicated to photography.
Cyril Delettre specializes in photography and videography.
SELECTED EXHIBITIONS :
- Dialogue, Le French May associated program, 2018
- Eclosions, Ce La Vi, 2018
- Art Central Hong Kong, 2018
- Eclosions, La Galerie, 2017
- Art Car Eclosions with the support of th HKAGA at The Four Seasons HK, 2017
- La France vue du train, Gare de Massy TGV since 2013
- Eclosions, gare d’Austerlitz, from 2 December 2012 - 2015
- Dans le ventre des femmes, «59» rue de Rivoli, 1 to 15 October 2012
- Paris, New-York, Grandes Lignes, grilles de la Gare de l’EST, 2011
- Les Français vus du train, grilles du Jardin du Luxembourg, 2010
- NYC, Galerie REA, 2008
- Om, Viaduc des Arts, 2008
- Vibrations, Galerie REA, Brugge Art Gallery , Club de «L’étoile», 2006
- Winner of “Le Grand Prix Statégies du Design 2014” ( Les gares de Invalides et Champ de Mars)
The jury described his work as ‘unexpected cultural brackets offered to travellers during their journeys ‘.
- «Vous avez écrit ça pour moi ?» Nikon contest winner, 2012
- «Exécution», short film 26 min., 2012
- «Tout-contre», based on the book written by MF Gros,2013
- «Objectifs de campagne», documentary 1h30, 2007
- Les Yvelines, Ed. Martelle
- La Bièvre, Ed. SPSA
- St Germain-en-Laye, Ed. SPSA
- Poissy, Ed. SPSA
- How to see the light, Walk the dog